Tariff and Charges
Tariff & Tour Payments
As the Tourism Council of Bhutan (www.tourism.gov.bt) is the sole authority responsible for setting the tariff structure for promoting and enhancing an organized development of Tourism Industry in the Kingdom of Bhutan as part of its effort to encourage balanced development, of spiritual & material, which is harmony with the development philosophy of Gross National Happiness. Therefore, the minimum rates fixed by the government will apply to all tour operators in the country.
The Bhutan Travel Designers, while designing the Tours & Travels program is always reminded of its obligation to the tourism industry and also to its invaluable clientele to offer its best services, so we as a company grow from strength to strength.
We offer our best rates to our clients with the following specifications:
- Group of 3 persons or more: US$ 250/- per person per night halt
- Group of 2 persons: US$ 250/- per person per night halt (US$ 40 as surcharge)
- 1 person: US$ 250/- per night (US$ 40 as surcharge)
The charges will cover all your minimum touring and traveling requirements like: royalty and taxes to the government; accommodation on sharing basis; transportation; guides; meals (breakfast, lunch & dinner); sightseeing and entrance fees to temple and monuments as may be applicable as specified in the itinerary; and riding ponies and pack animals on treks
The charges do not however include:
- Visa fee of US$ 20 per person
- Laundry bill
- Phone call
- Air tickets
- Drinks and beverages
- One time payment of US$ 10 each for Tourism Development Fund
The rates specified above are minimum applicable to each individual for every night halt and shall be applied uniformly irrespective of locations and the type of accommodation provided. If our guests should desire better facilities or accommodation, as could be customized, the rate could be higher depending upon the type of services desire.
We would like to request our guests to make your payments for the tours and travels in Bhutan at least 2 months in advance to allow us to secure Druk-Air tickets to and from Bhutan and be able to accommodate you in good hotels. Your visas are cleared by the government only after the receipt of full payment. Without your valid visa, Druk-Air will not issue tickets.
After confirming your tour program, if our guests should desire to cancel, we apply the following norms:
- On or Before 30 days of start of program ~ no charges
- From 21 to 29 days from the start of the program ~ 10% of rate
- From 14 to 20 days from start of the program ~ 15% of rate
- From 7 to 13 days from the start of the program ~ 30% of rate
- Within less than 7 days or without notice ~ 50% of rate
- After arrival in Bhutan ~ 100%
Druk Air Flight Tickets are non-refundable